Easy Vegan Chili
- 1 onion
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ribs celery, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, roughly diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups broth
- ⅔ cup red lentils
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- @SpudLoveSnacks Organic Thick-Cut Potato Chips
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in 2 tbsp oil.
- Once heated, add in the onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Next, add in the mushrooms plus and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally to prevent burning, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and released some of their liquid.
- Add in the walnuts and spices and toast for about 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
- Then add in the lentils, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, soy sauce, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Check and stir occasionally to make sure the bottom isn’t burning. Add more water/broth if the chili looks too thick for you.
- Add in the beans and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Finally, sprinkle crushed SpudLove Organic Thick-Cut Potato Chips on top or place some whole chips in the top of the bowl! We love it with their sea salt, barbecue, jalapeño and cracked pepper varieties. Serve warm with additional garnishes of your choice, plus the SpudLove chips for dipping.
Recipe by Jasmine Briones
2021 (c) sweetsimplevegan. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.